Family history sleuthing is the biggest hobby worldwide. Amid a sea of genealogy books, Hazel Edwards has written a practical handbook on how to craft stories about our ancestors in an interesting way that other people will want to read.
- interview elderly relatives and people close to the family
- use anecdotes and record memories
- do justice to intriguing ancestors
- structure the drama and tension
- inject life into a name on a shipping list
- present the family's secrets diplomatically
This revised edition of Hazel's best-selling guide to writing a family history acknowledges the latest e-formats that writers use, includes helpful tips on how to write history for children or write a eulogy, and covers the growing interest in touring military battlefields and researching onsite material.
All books sold through the QWC shop are sent out via regular post. Therefore, please allow ten working days for delivery. If you require a book sooner, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 07 3842 9922 so that we can arrange for alternate postage options.