Get the 13th edition of The Australian Writer’s Marketplace!
With over 2,000 opportunities for publication and writing industry contacts, AWM is the only comprehensive guide to publishing markets in Australia and New Zealand.
The Australian Writer’s Marketplace contains:
- Comprehensive indexing, making it easier for writers to find opportunities. Markets range from genre markets: speculative fiction, history, poetry etc. to opportunities for young writers, grants, fellowships and residencies.
- Easy-to-read layout, making it quick and simple to locate listings.
- 9 articles written by industry professionals on the craft and business of writing. Topics include advice on working with digital publishers from Joel Naoum (Momentum Publishing), submitting non-fiction book proposals by Jane Friedman, finding freelance writing work by Nick Mamatas, applying for grants, going to literary events, and developing your novel novel submission, and more.
Find submission and contact details for agents, magazines and newspapers, competitions and events, organisations, writers’ services, scripts and courses. In this edition you’ll find publishing services and markets for genres including:
- Poetry markets
- Short Story markets
- Children’s/Young Adult markets
- Non-fiction and Auto/Biography markets
- Grants, Fellowships and Residencies
- Opportunities for Young Writers
- Speculative Fiction markets
- Travel markets
John Marsden, Author: “First, buy a pen. Second, a dictionary.. Then, The Australian Writer’s Marketplace. That’s the hard work done. Now, just write your book!”
Rebecca Sparrow, Author: “I refer to The Australian Writer’s Marketplace constantly. I love this guide. If it were legal (and not creepy) I’d marry it.”
Sophie Hamley, Hachette Australia: “The Australian Writer’s Marketplace has no peer as a resource for Australian writers – no writer who is serious about being published can afford to be without its comprehensive listings and invaluable advice.”Still not sure? Visit The Australian Writer's Marketplace online.
Please note: In 2005, AWM online was launched, housing a digital directory available as an alternative to the hard copy book. The thirteenth edition of The Australian Writer’s Marketplace, covering 2015/2016, will be the final print edition, with all AWM directory listings now housed online.
For those who are print lovers, copies of the 2015/2016 print book are now available for a discounted price of $37.50 (rrp $49.94) or $33.95 for State Writers Centre members, plus postage. To order, please purchase below, or call us on (07) 3842 9922.
All books sold through the QWC shop are sent out via regular post. Therefore, please allow ten working days for delivery. If you require a book sooner, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 07 3842 9922 so that we can arrange for alternate postage options.