You’ve finished drafting and polishing your manuscript. So what happens next?
Writing can be a self-absorbing process and emerging authors often overlook the importance of presenting their book to a publisher or agent in a concise, convincing and professional Book Proposal package.
Based on an industry-wide survey and using writers’ successful proposals as examples, A Decent Proposal introduces the techniques required to develop a convincing Book Proposal that will satisfy (yes, and even excite) an Australian publisher or literary agent.
This fully revised edition features step-by-step instructions for developing a winning Book Proposal package and includes information on:
- Finding the right publisher or agent for your work;
- The essential elements of a Book Proposal package;
- Researching the marketplace;
- Presenting hard evidence about the sales potential of your work;
- Useful contacts;
- Book contracts, manuscript appraisal and e-books;
- Examples of Book Proposals that have led to publication…and much more.
A Decent Proposal contains models and – new in this edition – complete examples of successful Australian book proposals for both fiction and non-fiction. This is a must-have book in today’s competitive publishing world.
All books sold through the QWC shop are sent out via regular post. Therefore, please allow ten working days for delivery. If you require a book sooner, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 07 3842 9922 so that we can arrange for alternate postage options.